No doubt many of you have been taking precautions with the already severe winds that have reached our shores, but the worst could still be to come apparently. There have been weather warnings issued for this week (10/12/14) with winds expected to reach up to 70 mph in coastal regions and Scotland being the worst affected. It’s better to be safe than sorry so here’s just a few things you can do to minimise any damage.
- Make sure any fence panels are secured as you’re probably not surprised at the damage high winds can cause.
- Bring outdoor pets inside where possible, such as Rabbits and Guinea Pigs.
- It may not do much good, but use stakes and twine to to secure any plants, giving them the best chance of surviving wind damage.
- As well as fence panels you should put any garden furniture into your shed/garage (providing your shed doesn’t blow away too!) or failing that you can tie things down.
- Finally, try to avoid unnecessary travel and take care on the roads when you do go out.
You probably knew all that! Hopefully it won’t be that bad and we can carry on with our merry festivities like nothing happened.
Monty and the team at Gardens2You xx